HCC RECRUITING SERVICES is an Atlanta based construction recruiting firm specializing in multifamily and commercial construction executive placements. Robert Herndon as President is a 24 year Construction Executive professional and has worked for top Multi-Family and Commercial Developers as President, Vice President and Project Manager.
Mr. Herndon’s experience serving as President and Vice president of these construction organizations provides him with unique knowledge of Client and Candidate needs and their specific requirements by understanding the construction positions from office staffing to on site.
Mr. Herndon has directly overseen the Development and Construction of hundreds of multi- family and commercial projects throughout the Southeast, Northeast and Midwest.
Mr. Herndon holds a Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management from the University of Florida and has earned General Contractors Licenses in Florida, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee.
Mr. Herndon has interviewed, hired and trained hundreds of professional construction individuals from Construction Administration, Project Coordinators, Project Engineers, Estimators, Superintendents, Project Managers and Vice Presidents. Mr. Herndon’s relationships and contacts throughout the industry help better serve the needs of the client and candidate.
HCC Recruiting Services with Mr. Herndon’s and his staff brings the construction experience and industry knowledge that benefits both clients and candidates in their search of personnel and positions.
The Project Coordinator will assist the Project Team in attaining the project goals which include coordinating and accomplishing the administrative, financial, legal and clerical requirements for the project. The Project Coordinator is expected to administer the assembly and issuance of subcontract agreements, purchase and change orders and in the processing of and payments for costs incurred during the construction of projects.
- Assist with the creation and management of all subcontract agreements, purchase orders, subcontractor change orders and owner-contractor change orders.
- Perform all AR/AP for field operations including weekly and monthly invoice processing. Ability to work with accounting and project management software programs such as Yardi, Textura.and Procore.
- Manage monthly draw submissions to Bank Lender and Joint Venture entities. Collect and assemble invoicing and all other supporting documentation, subcontractor and vendor lien releases and insurance certificates require in preparing and submitting construction lender payment requests. Work with and have an understanding of commonly used AIA forms such as 702/G703. - Manage and track all PCO’s cost forecasting in Procore construction management software and reconcile monthly costs entries in various accounting and project management software.
- Assist with establishing and maintaining monthly project review and cost reports.
- Maintain project records and files.
- Provide writing, editing, and documentation preparation support i.e. Procore documentation, daily reports, meeting minutes, etc.
- Manage IT support for field office by coordinating with MCRT IT department and local internet provider.
- Track and assist in the processing of all safety and incident reports with MCRT Risk Management Department.
- Responsible for assembly of Operations and Maintenance Manuals.
- Track all subcontractor requirements including licensing, sales and use tax filing, insurance and financials.
- Perform certain office operations functions such as the inventory and procurement of office supplies, processing mail and overnight packages.
Education and/or Experience:
- Associate’s Degree or three years direct experience in performing the duties described above
- Work effectively with limited supervision.
- Ability to communicate well in English both written and verbally.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, Procore, Textura and Yardi applications and database software preferred. Basic knowledge required. Proficiency with scheduling software is a plus.
- Strong organization and time-management skills.
- Ability to solve problems.
- Familiarity with construction terms and general practices