HCC RECRUITING SERVICES is an Atlanta based construction recruiting firm specializing in multifamily and commercial construction executive placements. Robert Herndon as President is a 24 year Construction Executive professional and has worked for top Multi-Family and Commercial Developers as President, Vice President and Project Manager.
Mr. Herndon’s experience serving as President and Vice president of these construction organizations provides him with unique knowledge of Client and Candidate needs and their specific requirements by understanding the construction positions from office staffing to on site.
Mr. Herndon has directly overseen the Development and Construction of hundreds of multi- family and commercial projects throughout the Southeast, Northeast and Midwest.
Mr. Herndon holds a Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management from the University of Florida and has earned General Contractors Licenses in Florida, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee.
Mr. Herndon has interviewed, hired and trained hundreds of professional construction individuals from Construction Administration, Project Coordinators, Project Engineers, Estimators, Superintendents, Project Managers and Vice Presidents. Mr. Herndon’s relationships and contacts throughout the industry help better serve the needs of the client and candidate.
HCC Recruiting Services with Mr. Herndon’s and his staff brings the construction experience and industry knowledge that benefits both clients and candidates in their search of personnel and positions.
Seeking experienced TRAVELING Commercial Superintendent to manage and control assigned projects throughout the eastern area of the United States, including overseeing field operations, site safety, productivity, schedule, quality work, and trade contractor and supplier coordination and work in conjunction with the Project Manager leading the project team. The Superintendent reports directly to the Project Manager.
High travel time for extended periods of time is required for this position.
- Participate in determining sequence and activity duration on schedules for proposed projects.
- Understand and communicate to all field personnel the owner’s goals regarding construction.
- Maintain positive relationships with the owner and architect throughout the project(s).
- Assist in the management of the Pre-construction schedule.
- Insure job safety requirements are understood and implemented by all project personnel and trade contractors.
- Continually strives for Zero Injury on all projects.
- Lead on-site safety meetings.
- Review the trade contractor’s safety program and MSDS information in the trade contractor start-up meeting.
- Watch for and correct all safety hazards at the jobsite. Report all safety incidents to project manager.
- Review the plans and specifications for constructability and construction schedules.
- Understand trade contractor and supplier contract scopes.
- Assist in quantity takeoff and pricing estimates.
- Prepare, manage and update the detailed project schedule with sequence and activity duration including procurement items.
- Establish the punch list process and close-out procedures with the Project Manager, Owner and Architect before trade contractor work starts.
- Maintain a Zero Punch list.
- Schedule vendors necessary for the project.
- Mentor and train other employees as necessary.
- Willingness to travel for extended periods of time.
- 8 to 10 years Commercial experience (Commercial, Higher Education and Health Care construction experience a preferred)
- Familiar with computers, email, uploading photographs, MS Word, Excel, etc.
- Proficient in understanding building plans and specifications.
- Ability to maintain daily/weekly reports and maintain project logs
- Safety standards knowledge and enforcement
- Ability to remain calm, focused and effective under time pressure situations
- Self starter with ability to set goals and tasks with strong leadership skills
- Construction related degree preferred
PLEASE INCLUDE PROJECT LIST WITH RESUME
Salary: $60,000 - $85,000