HCC RECRUITING SERVICES is an Atlanta based construction recruiting firm specializing in multifamily and commercial construction executive placements. Robert Herndon as President is a 24 year Construction Executive professional and has worked for top Multi-Family and Commercial Developers as President, Vice President and Project Manager.
Mr. Herndon’s experience serving as President and Vice president of these construction organizations provides him with unique knowledge of Client and Candidate needs and their specific requirements by understanding the construction positions from office staffing to on site.
Mr. Herndon has directly overseen the Development and Construction of hundreds of multi- family and commercial projects throughout the Southeast, Northeast and Midwest.
Mr. Herndon holds a Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management from the University of Florida and has earned General Contractors Licenses in Florida, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee.
Mr. Herndon has interviewed, hired and trained hundreds of professional construction individuals from Construction Administration, Project Coordinators, Project Engineers, Estimators, Superintendents, Project Managers and Vice Presidents. Mr. Herndon’s relationships and contacts throughout the industry help better serve the needs of the client and candidate.
HCC Recruiting Services with Mr. Herndon’s and his staff brings the construction experience and industry knowledge that benefits both clients and candidates in their search of personnel and positions.
Seeking VP of Finance with a strong background in accounting and finance to join growing residential home company to be responsible for the leadership and supervision of all finance and accounting activates for the company, including homebuilding finance, risk management, budgeting management, financial planning and reporting, forecasting, acquisition modeling, cash flow management, and internal control. Must have finance experience in RESIDENTIAL HOME BUILDING.
- Review all feasibility studies for new land acquisitions
- Create strong internal control environment
- Collaborate with Purchasing, Construction and Land departments to maintain accuracy in underwriting and cash flow forecasting
- Develop budgets
- Provides support and direction to the accounting department and prepare monthly and quarterly financial statement report
- Negotiate financing terms with Lender and loan process
- Develop operational budgets, capital allocation strategy and profit projections
- Ensure understanding and compliance with financial and accounting policies, internal control procedures and practices
- Supervise the annual business planning and quarterly project budget update process
- Perform post-acquisition project reviews
- Provide analytical support to the management to improve homebuilding operations and to identify opportunities for cost savings
- Oversee contract processing and closing function ensuring all sales documents comply with local and corporate requirements
- Oversees internal control and other accounting/operational procedures
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting is required
- Experience with a large public homebuilder is a Plus
- CPA or MBA with residential construction experience preferred
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Proficient in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook