Susan Young, CEO, Get in Front Communications
Got downtime? Bored? Complaining that business is slow during the summer? It’s time to kick-start your success.
Here are 10 things you can do right now to prepare for a triumphant rest of the year. Granted some of these may not sound like fun, but if they were fun, they would be called vacation.
- Register for three webinars, training classes or community school sessions to learn new technology that you’ve been avoiding.
- Write three handwritten notes to past or current clients expressing gratitude for your work together.
- Call three local people you haven’t been in touch with in at least six months and schedule coffee or lunch. Offer them a couple of referrals before they ask.
- Research five chats and groups on Twitter and LinkedIn. Target online communities where your ideal clients spend time. Commit to participating in at least two on a regular basis.
- Review the goals and plans you created at the beginning of the year. Make adjustments and tweaks as needed so the rest of the year is wildly successful.
- Read a personal development book or the biography of someone you admire. Focus on the traits they developed to overcome difficulties.
- Update your social profiles to be sure each one conveys a clear, concise, and compelling message on why people should do business with you. Hint: Focus on their challenges.
- Sign-up for two in-person networking events in your community, remembering that a cold keyboard will never replace a warm handshake.
- Find three new specific ways to market yourself or your organization.
- Create a few short videos or slide decks for your website and be sure to cross-promote them in your social networks.
These tasks can make your life less stressful and easier to manage day-to-day. You may even develop a new habit. And you may get a new customer. How about that?