Slowing down for the lazy, hazy days of summer?
While others are complaining that business is tapering off and everyone is on vacation, use this time to recharge your battery and kick-start your success.
Here are 20 things you can do this summer to prepare for a triumphant rest of the year. These small tasks can make your life less stressful and easier to manage day-to-day. You may even develop a new habit!
1. Clean up your database.
2. Sort through your Favorites and Bookmarks. Categorize them and delete the ones that are no longer relevant.
3. Go paperless when possible. Shred or toss any old papers you don’t need.
4. Read the magazines you’ve been saving for the past three months.
5. Get rid of the magazines you’ve been saving for the past three months.
6. Contact someone you admire and invite them to coffee or lunch.
7. Volunteer with a local nonprofit that can benefit from your business expertise.
8. Update your social media profiles and headshot.
9. Register for a webinar or course you’ve been meaning to sign up for but haven’t had the time.
10. Read the biography of leaders such as Gandhi, Ronald Reagan, or Florence Nightingale.
11. Write a note to five former or current clients to let them know you’ve been thinking about them.
12. Identify a few online chats that can help your business. Mark your calendar and start participating.
13. Make a list of 100 things you want to do in the next 10 years. Then get started.
14. Back up your blog, website and computer—every day!
15. Write a thank-you note to a former boss or mentor, expressing gratitude for what they have taught you.
16. Unsubscribe from all the e-mails, newsletters, and other junk you receive but never read.
17. Research awards or contests in your industry that you may be eligible for and note the deadlines in your calendar.
18. Write down five things you are afraid of doing. Do one of them. Repeat.
19. Subscribe to the blogs of five leaders in your field—or your competition.
20. Make a list of 10 reasons you went into the recruiting profession and why you are still passionate about it.
Come September, you’ll be glad you worked on this checklist. Surf’s up!