HCC RECRUITING SERVICES is an Atlanta based construction recruiting firm specializing in multifamily and commercial construction executive placements. Robert Herndon as President is a 24 year Construction Executive professional and has worked for top Multi-Family and Commercial Developers as President, Vice President and Project Manager.
Mr. Herndon’s experience serving as President and Vice president of these construction organizations provides him with unique knowledge of Client and Candidate needs and their specific requirements by understanding the construction positions from office staffing to on site.
Mr. Herndon has directly overseen the Development and Construction of hundreds of multi- family and commercial projects throughout the Southeast, Northeast and Midwest.
Mr. Herndon holds a Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management from the University of Florida and has earned General Contractors Licenses in Florida, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee.
Mr. Herndon has interviewed, hired and trained hundreds of professional construction individuals from Construction Administration, Project Coordinators, Project Engineers, Estimators, Superintendents, Project Managers and Vice Presidents. Mr. Herndon’s relationships and contacts throughout the industry help better serve the needs of the client and candidate.
HCC Recruiting Services with Mr. Herndon’s and his staff brings the construction experience and industry knowledge that benefits both clients and candidates in their search of personnel and positions.
Seeking Purchasing Agent for Single Family Home Builder in Atlanta.
- Solicit bids and pre-qualify subcontractors
- Provide accurate and timely local supplier negotiations and contracting based on defined category selection criteria
- Manage supplier performance monitoring within the organization
- Verify estimates of costs and quantities of residential products using comparative and differential estimating techniques
- Communicate completed estimates to the construction personnel, trade subcontractors and vendors
- Complete necessary customer option estimates
- Responsible for assigned commodities and rebate capture
- Maintain updated scopes of work with vendors/suppliers
- Setup and monitor option costs and sales prices
- Maintain and update current budgets
- Assist in generation of new community budgets based on assigned commodities
- Spread revised bids and obtain approval for any price increases
- Prepare direct costs analysis and variances for review
- Input original Direct Costs budget
- Execute lot starts and final proof all unit costs
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- At least 3 years in experience as Purchasing Agent
- Business acumen including understanding the impact of purchasing costs on income statements, balance sheets, and cost structures.
- Purchasing and supply chain experience
- Ability to negotiate in a cost transparent environment
- Construction knowledge
Salary: $50,000 - $80,000