Synergy Professionals, Inc. is a national construction recruiting firm with offices in Atlanta, GA and Chesapeake, VA. We are devoted exclusively to the construction industry. Synergy Professionals is committed to being the best recruiting service available to our clients and to the candidates we present.
See our website at: www.Synergyprof.com
Well known, long time Richmond custom home builder is searching for a Purchasing Manager for new construction and renovation projects in Richmond, Virginia.
- Soliciting subcontractors and suppliers for quotes
- Negotiating with suppliers and subcontractors
- Establishing purchasing procedures and tracking systems for the company.
- Issuing purchase orders and subcontracts
- Assisting in resolving any issues or conflicts with materials or subcontractor activities.
- Knowledge of, and contacts within, the Richmond residential construction supplier & subcontractor community is essential.
- At least 2 years’ experience with a Single Family Home builder in a Project Engineer, Office Engineer, Project Manager, Builder, Purchasing Assistant, Purchasing Coordinator, or Purchasing Manager role is required.
- Strong negotiation skills
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints
- Strong computer skills. BIM and CADD a plus.
- Must be very familiar with residential construction materials and terminology
- Effective organization and planning skills
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary - $60K-$90K depending on experience.
- Excellent benefits & bonus package
Keywords: Construction jobs, Construction, Builder, Purchasing, procurement, estimating, buy-out, negotiate, purchase order, subcontract, negotiation skills, negotiating, material procurement, contracting, contract, CPM, Certified Purchasing Manager, Purchasing Coordinator, custom homes lumber, Single Family, SF, residential, home, homes, Richmond, Virginia, VA, Tyson’s Corner, Washington DC, CADD, BIM, REVIT, 211228-PR,